Have you ever needed to do something but the longer you waited, the harder it became to do it? Yeah, so that’s me and this blog. Because it’s embarrassing that I haven’t published anything for a year, because I’m not sure where to begin, because there’s so much I want to say…
God has been healing me in so many areas and nudging me to share it with all of you. I can’t not share. So here I am again.
The short story of the past year is that I felt like I had a growing list of minor health complaints. Most of them I could deal with, but I had tension headaches that were getting worse by the month. A friend made an off-hand comment about how dry needling helped her shoulder soreness and I decided it was time to give it a try. Three months later I’m not fully functional, but my shoulder and neck pain is significantly better, headaches are less frequent and less severe, and I feel less fatigued.
I started keeping a record of what was bothering me, mostly physically, and also what helped alleviate that problem. (Come to think of it, it would be a good idea to extend this into the emotional and spiritual realm as well!) I could write multiple posts with details about what has helped. Some things are healed, most are just ways I’m maintaining my body. But I thought I’d put the main factors into bullet points for you.
Please let me know if there is an area that you would like to hear about in future posts (or discuss privately if you prefer).
- Tension headaches – helped by dry needling (this was a huge key to begin healing!); Sudafed and ibuprofen; Protandim (anti-inflammatory), vitamin c, and probiotics; not eating chocolate; breathing exercises; releasing anger and emotion through crying, setting good boundaries, or journaling; exercising with Fitness Blender (love them!)
- Stiff neck – helped but not eliminated by exercise (love Fitness Blender!); dry needling and physical therapy; chiropractor; shaped memory foam pillow
- General stress and anxiety – helped by doing guided breathing patterns, such as breathing in for a count of 4, holding for a count of 5, and exhaling for a count of 7; realizing when I’m holding my breath and purposely taking deeper breaths; setting good boundaries; taking an hour or two in the afternoon to be by myself
- Waking in the middle of the night – helped by right combo of carbs, fats, and protein eaten before bed (I’ve really benefited from some of the suggestions at The Whole Journey about the necessity of good carbohydrates); Abide Christian Meditation to get my mind focused on scripture rather than whatever is going around my head at the moment; more exercise (love Fitness Blender!)
- Fatigue – dry needling; going to bed at a reasonable time; not doing too much in one day; setting boundaries
- Lack of motivation, listlessness – helped by decluttering; Allie Casazza podcasts
- Constipation – helped by Dr. Schulze’s Formula 1 capsules, taken along with activated charcoal capsules; roasted red beets
- Warts – actually, haven’t found anything that makes them go away, but to keep them under control, I like the Equate (Walmart) brand liquid wart remover (it doesn’t dry out before it’s gone like other brands); I am also soaking my wart for 10 minutes morning and night with hydrogen peroxide and putting propolis on a cotton ball and taping it to my foot with duct tape – we’ll see how that goes!
- Rash on face and hands – helped by True Science Hand Cream; Mary Kay Extra Emollient Cream; keeping the skin moisturized
If any of this is helpful for you or if you would like more information about anything I mentioned I would love to hear from you!